Connect with designers, explore a new campus,
and gain knowledge at our yearly meet up.
21C – Carolina Collaboration:
Discover And Connect | October 8–13
The 2023 AUID Annual Conference will take place in Durham, NC where we will experience four area campuses! We are excited to visit North Carolina State, UNC Chapel Hill, Duke University and Elon University.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Early (through July 31)
Regular (August 1–29)
- Transportation during all conference days (transportation to/ from the airport and to/ from the hotel on travel days is NOT included)
- Food (three meals daily) during all conference days
- Attendance for the vendor showcase, roundtables, and all conference events including the design awards banquet
Payment for all fees is due at the time of registration. All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. AUID reserves exclusive right to modify, postpone/reschedule, or cancel this program for any reason. If there is an event cancellation, every attempt will be made to reschedule, and registration fees will be applied to the rescheduled event date. Any incidental expenses incurred related to a cancelled event cannot be refunded under any circumstances. If a cancelled event cannot be rescheduled, AUID will determine an equitable basis for the refund or credit of a portion or all of the registration fees, after due consideration of circumstances and expenditures.
(schedule is subject to change, and are for registered member attendees only)
Sunday – Travel day
- 4:30–6 p.m. – Board Meeting
- 5–7 p.m. – Registration and Check-In
- 7–9 p.m. – Welcome Reception with Hors d’Oeuvres
Monday – North carolina state university
- 8 a.m. – Breakfast and All-Member Business Meeting
- 9:30 a.m. – Travel to NC State University
- 10 a.m. – Campus Tours: Hunt Library and Wolf Ridge Apartments
- Noon – Lunch CEU with MillerKnoll
- 1:30 p.m. – Afternoon Campus Tours
- 4:15 p.m. – Travel to Hotel
- 5:30 p.m. – Dinner, Film Screening with Interface
Tuesday – Elon university
- 8–8:30 a.m. – Grab-&-Go Breakfast at Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. – Depart for Elon University
- 9:45 a.m. – Campus Tours (two groups)
- 11:15 a.m. – Group Photo
- 11:45 a.m. – Lunch CEU and Artist Workshop with Davis & Maharam
- 1:45 p.m. – Campus Tours (two groups)
- 3:45 p.m. – Travel to Hotel
- 6:30 p.m. – Vendor Showcase with Hors d’Oeuvres
Tours: Historic Neighborhood (Schar Communications Bldg; El Centro Latin X student center; LaRose Student Commons. Founder’s Hall and Innovation Hall (New Engineering Bldg); Sankey Hall; Acorn Coffee Shop/Koenisberger Learning Center.
Wednesday – University of north carolina
- 8:15 a.m. – Breakfast and Informal Roundtable (Hotel)
- 10 a.m. – Kenan Football Center Tour
- Noon – Lunch and CEU with Kimball
- 1:30–3:30 p.m. – Campus Tours (two groups)
- 3:45 p.m. – Planetarium Show with Allsteel
- 5 p.m. – Travel to Hotel
- 6:30 p.m. – Design Awards Showcase and Dinner
Thursday – Duke University
- 8–8:30 a.m. – Grab-&-Go Breakfast at Hotel
- 8:30 a.m. – Depart Hotel for Duke
- 9 a.m. – Campus Tours: Wellness Center, Brodhead Center, Duke Chapel with Docent, Perkins Library, and Wilkinson Engineering Building
- Noon – Travel to PMC, Haworth Dealership
- 12:45 p.m. – Lunch CEU with Haworth & PMC
- 1:45 p.m. – Afternoon with Haworth at PMC Dealership: Open Panel Discussion, Showroom Tour, Fun Sendoff with Hors d’Oeuvres
- (No formal dinner included this evening)
Friday – Travel day
No meals included in registration.
Travel dates are Sunday, October 8 and Friday, October 13. The closest airport to the conference hotel is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (15 miles/ 20-minute drive). Transportation to/from the airport to the hotel is not included in the registration fee. For more information on transportation options from the airport, please visit their website here.
21c Museum Hotel Durham
111 North Corcoran Street, Durham, NC 27701
AUID has a room block with 21c Museum Hotel Durham, please make sure you book your hotel to receive the contracted rate of $219+ Tax Per night. The reservation link will be sent with your registration confirmation after you have registered for the conference.
The deadline to reserve your room within the block is September 8, 2023.
Why Attend the Annual Conference?
Designing for higher education is distinct and requires a balance of reliable, tested and proven solutions. Attending conference creates opportunities for connecting with other campus designers, planners, and manufacturers via campus site visits and roundtables. Plus the design awards provides an occasion to celebrate members who submit projects in the annual design competition
Each year conference is held at a new institution (private or public)
and hosted by AUID members. Attending conference allows members to explore and tour campus projects and facilities at peer institutions.
AUID partners with manufacturers and vendors to host a showcase
featuring new products, prototypes and solutions specific to higher education. The vendor showcase and campus tours allow members to gain first hand knowledge of proven solutions and products. Additionally, these manufacturers provide opportunities to earn continuing education units typically required for
The Clerestory publication provides an account of the annual conference from the perspectives of our attendees. Each event, tour, dining experience, CEU, presentation, and surroundings are documented and photographed by volunteer members, and compiled by the publicist for viewing on the website. This record enriches the history of AUID and allows a glimpse into the conference for those unable to attend.