An applicant must currently be a graduate interior design or interior architecture student enrolled at the time of application or a 2023 graduate. Previous winners of the AUID scholarship cannot re-apply for two years after award.
We would like to congratulate our 2023 Graduate Scholarship recipient
Heliya Ahmadi, Iowa State University!
2023 Graduate Scholarship Applications are now closed.
Applicants will not be considered should any deliverables be missing or incomplete.
- Cover Letter: Cover letter should provide a personal statement detailing your aspirations and goals for the design degree as well as how you intend on using the scholarship.
- Resume: Resume to include work experience, honors/awards, extracurricular activities, organization memberships and positions held, degrees earned and pursuing, and any other pertinent information.
- Portfolio: Portfolio should display interior design projects only; architectural projects will not be accepted. Students should use the provided template found here to create their portfolio submission. Page 1 will provide a student’s research abstract pursued during graduate studies, Page 2 showcase the best interior design work with details of project scope. Page 3 to showcase thumbnails of other works. Provide narrative for projects on pages 2 and 3 in the comment section.
- Letter of recommendation: applicant must provide contact information for a reference. This may be a present or former employer, a design professional, or a professor having direct knowledge of your academic and work performance within your degree program. We will contact them directly with a virtual survey to include with the student’s application.
- On-Line Presentation: The top candidate(s) will be invited to present their Portfolio via 30-minute Zoom. Candidate will have maximum 15-minutes to present, and 15-minutes is reserved for conversation.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
The Graduate Scholarship winner(s) will receive cash awards, ranging from $1,000-$2,500. The submittals will be evaluated on professional writing skills, strength of resume, and the demonstration of understanding of code compliance, creativity, and presentation skills.
The AUID Scholarship Committee will be responsible for reviewing and selecting winners from all complete applications. In the event of a tie, the final decision will be made by the committee and the AUID Board.
Finalists will be notified mid-September and asked for permission to share applicant’s photograph and portfolio at the AUID Annual Conference. Winners will be notified by phone no later than October 12, 2023. Scholarship award checks will be sent by direct deposit or check.