Reply To: Celebrate Diversity

June 5, 2024 at 4:10 pm #3018

Responding with what Travis Brauns from University of Missouri shared:

With numerous changes occurring in DEI programs, I wanted to share how the Missouri Student Unions use their display cases to celebrate history and support students from diverse backgrounds. These display cases are situated throughout the building and are updated throughout the school year to align with monthly awarenesses by our Art Curator.

I wanted to share a few images that illustrate how the Missouri Student Unions’ displays support for the LGBTQ+ community on campus. With each flag representing different identities, Mizzou is placed on each flag to show dedication to inclusivity and support for people of all genders and sexual orientations. At Mizzou, we celebrate Pride Month in April since our students are not on campus in June. Next to our lower-level lounge, there are two display cases celebrating International Students at Mizzou. Among the pieces in this case, I particularly admire the ‘Spirit of Diversity’ form 1995 and how the Multicultural Organizations hosted many events that were based on different cultural backgrounds.