Residence Hall Dining Spaces Furniture

• Author

I’m new to higher Ed. spaces and have a question. I’ve been asked to create a standard for dining room tables and chairs for the fraternity and sorority dining rooms. Maintenance has requested wood tables and wood chairs because they are repairable. When I went to research past purchases by the previous designer I couldn’t find any wood based products. I found laminate topped tables and upholstered dining room chairs (vinyl). The last estimate she got was for a Kwalu dining room chair, but it wasn’t purchased. My feeling is while wood is repairable it’s also easy to damage creating a higher frequency of repairs over something that doesn’t need repair. So what are you all using in student dining rooms? Our buildings for the fraternities and sororities are pretty traditional so anything that has that look would be helpful. TIA!

• December 5, 2023 at 9:41 am #2777

I AM REPLACING WOOD DINING CHAIRS IN THE FOOTBALL CLUB SPACE USED FOR ATHLETES ON A DAILY BASIS AS WELL. I GOT THEM A SAMPLE OF A FALCON TUFFGRAIN. METAL LEG WITH WOOD LOOK FINISH THAT IS VERY DURABLE, SITS COMFORTABLY, STACKS AND HAS A VERY HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY. THEY CAN DO A LOGO ON THE BACK, SEE ATTACHED.

ALSO LOOK AT KWALU. IT IS A RESIN LEG THAT HAS A WOOD LOOK. YOU CAN LITERALLY TAKE A HAMMER TO THE LEG AND IT WILL NOT CHIP. THEY HAVE SOME TRADITIONAL STYLES. WORTH THE PRICE.
      https://www.kwalu.com/attribute/senior_living_applications/dining-activity/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.