Roundtable Topic- Administration Processes

• Author

Hey All, interested in learning how other universities initiate and execute project requests. How are they assigned and how do y’all communicate with your construction admin team?

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2488

Hey Sarah, I’m on the team with our construction PMs so it’s a bit more streamline than others probably but, as part of my job I intake ‘Space Request Forms” which is essentially Step 1 of any non-capital project (this process seems to capture everything under 2 million, if it’s over 2 million, it’s likely already having programming done with a third party). Attached are our space request forms, we have some tweaking to do but this requires end-users to input all their scope requirements and funding source up front before we even engage them. They then submit into our work order system and our space management committee reviews before handing off for estimating and eventually implementing.

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2574

Anyone else interested in a topic about BIFMA ratings? Also a spin-off on educating campus clients on why standards are set the way they are.

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2585

I think that would be a great roundtable discussion for next year’s quarterly roundtable. We have the 2nd in the 4-part BIFMA CEU series planned for 3rd Thursday in February. Maybe we set up the round table after that 2nd CEU in early March.

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2599

Great idea!

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2685

Yes! Would love more CEUs related to this.

• September 25, 2023 at 10:49 am #2686

We have been using an old school PDF project submission form, but we’re about to switch to an online form submission process through a platform called “Kuali”. From Kuali, projects get assigned in Procore.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.